I Sea a Mermaid - Chapter One


** Edited **

Bella’s POV:

“One little turtle jumping on the coral, he fell off and bumped his head. Two little turtles jumping on the coral, they fell off and bumped their heads. No little turtles jumping on the coral!”

I sang out loud while floating on my back. The stars shone brightly tonight as well as the half full moon. My arms were crossed across my stomach and my long yellow fish tail rocked up and down with the tidal waves.

I flipped over onto my stomach and stared at the sandy beach not to far away. Oh how I longed to be born a normal girl, to run around with friends and go to school. But no, I had to be born a mermaid. With a fish tail. No legs. Just. A. Tail.

I sighed and closed my eyes, not wanting to put on a pity party. Like my mother used to say, I’m special. I’m a wonderful thing in this world. She was taken away by fishermen, I’d rather not speak of it.

The waves started rocking harder and I opened my eyes and looked up to see gray storm clouds covering the sky. Great, a storm. We have a lot of those in Hawaii.

I dove underwater and swam to my home, a cave on the ocean floor. I swam in and floated down to my small circle of seaweed and let my eyes close as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

The next day I opened my eyes and swam out of the small cave and to the surface. I stared at the big island and then heard my stomach growl.

I dove underwater and grabbed a spear I had stolen from a boat long ago and went ‘fishing’.

Oh the sea jokes..

I caught one big fish and ate it raw. I couldn’t cook it, anyways. Thinking of cooked food I swam to the surface and decided to watch the humans surf.

Humans always seemed to amaze me. They can swim without tails, they know how to avoid sharks, and the list goes on! I watched as one boy paddled towards a big wave. I smiled waiting for the boy to do something impressive, but when he stood, the wave crashed over him and he was shoved underwater.

I raised my eyebrows and waited for him to come up. He never did. Should I save him? I thought to myself. I’ve never been in this situation before. After ten seconds of him not coming up I dove under water and swam as fast as I could to where he sank.

I saw a body drifting under water and I worriedly grabbed its arms. It was the guy.

I swam up and checked his pulse- something I learned from my mother. He was still alive. He opened his eyes and groaned. It startled me. I jumped- or splashed- and stared at him. He looked at me and down at my tail. His eyes widened before he groaned and blacked out again.

Oh no! I looked around and saw a pier. I swam over to it and laid him on the sand, smiling at his cute sleeping face. His mouth was slightly open and he snored a little. I scooted back into the water and swam back to my cave.

What if he remembers what he saw? Will he search for me? I sighed and bubbles rose out of my mouth. I laughed and more bubbles rose. I ended up laughing my head off.

After my little laughing fit I quickly fell asleep dreaming about the man I rescued that day.

When I opened my eyes the cave was dimly lit and cold water surged in. I could tell there was a storm above water. Quickly I swam out of the cave and saw a huge storm on the way so I swam back down and slept silently.

*** A/N ***

Will the surfer remember her?

Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to leave a vote if you liked this chapter.



Source link

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post